Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What do turtles and masks have in common?

I once had a very close friend who gave me a turtle necklace and told me "You are like a turtle.  Soft on the inside, tough on the outside."  That friend was absolutely correct.  I hide behind my shell.  Often I think of it as a mask.   We can put on our happy face and hide behind a mask at any time.

So often, I hide my true feelings from the world.  I put on my happy face and act as if all is right in the world.  Typically, that is when I appear to most people to be tremendously high strung and scattered because I am working so hard to be cheerful that I can barely function or cope.  I chatter and ramble and giggle and jump from subject to subject.  Then, when the mask falls off, I am so physically exhausted, I can barely manage.  

That is how I feel right now. I faked it today and now I am drained.  Physically, mentally and emotionally.   I can't even say more about this I am so tired.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi found you through gentle christian mothers! I love to follow good blogs by fellow mamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my Facebook page:

    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    ~Dr. Seuss

    Love you! ;)

    ReplyDelete