Sunday, April 26, 2009

Everytime I breathe

Today I heard this song for the first time in a few months, and I felt myself instantly transported into the presence of the Lord.  One minute, I was thinking about SkaterSurvivor Boy's headaches and the next I felt I was sitting at the feet of Jesus'.   Instantaneously, the troubles of this world evaporated as I imagined breathing in the scent of our Savior.  

16 months and 9 days ago, I called Shawn from the hospital after an ultrasound confirmed our baby had died in utero.  His ring tone at the time was Big Daddy Weave's Everytime I Breathe.  In the moments before he answered, I listened to the refrain and began to weep.  I felt instantly as if the Lover of my Soul had reached down and touched me.   Today for the first time while listening to that song, I told Shawn how much his ring tone had meant to me that day.  

Now, every time I hear this song, I remember!  It will forever be a reminder to me that Jesus loves us more than we can fathom even when it seems like times are tough.  

If you watch the You Tube I linked to above, you will see that Big Daddy Weave is not performing for us but performing for Jesus.  That is what I want my life to be - not a performance for those around me but for an Audience of One.  

2 comments: