This year hasn't been easy but the goal was to get to the other side - kind of like the chicken honestly. . . . but we did it.
This year we made it through
1. 8 months of unemployment for our primary breadwinner
2. ME working outside of the home for the first time since having children
3. ME being in school for the first time since having children
4. Swim team practices and meets averaging 2 to 3 times a week
6. Speech went from 2x's a week, to 1x a week, to now our son has the semester off
7. Chiropractor went from 2x's a week, to 1x a week, to twice a month
8. Shawn getting a new job almost an hour away while #2 was still going on
WOW. . . it's been a wild ride. While I am thrilled to have the summer to ourselves, we'll miss Baby A (see #2) and I think we may miss knowing that our future is unknown. There is something about resting fully in Christ for your every provision (when you don't have a job) that is very amazing. Especially when you see all your needs and many of your wants being Met. It reminds us that God is a benevolent father :)
So, on the homestretch, there is some nostalgia -- we are ready for a break but kind of sad to be here -- 2 days until I am done working outside the home for the year and have the summer off!
I have no clue why I started this now because I have a ton more to add to this but no time. . . . .