Monday, April 27, 2009

The Calling of Emily Evans and SonshineMama

The Calling of Emily Evans by Janette Oke is a favored novel of mine.  It reminds me always that when we are obedient to Jesus, that we can find true contentment.

When I was a young girl, I felt a call to be a missionary.   After that, it seemed the call diminished and I felt pressed to pray for those in full time ministry but not to go myself.  In supporting several missionaries with prayer, I realized how the importance of a prayer ministry.  As the years flew by, life moved a direction that wasn't particularly expected for me.  But in recent years, the Lord has placed us in a position of ministry.  I have had so many people tell me that our journey through childhood cancer has impacted their lives.    I have begun to realize that we have an amazing opportunity to share our faith with people through Luke's journey.  We can choose to use it for Jesus' glory or we can walk away.  

Yesterday at church, our Pastor talked about employment and said we work for Jesus.  That no matter what we do, it's for the glory of God.   It's a great reminder to us that we ALL are in full time ministry.  Whom will you serve day in day out at your job?   Whether you are a SAHM, a WAHM, a full time minister, a carpenter,  in HR, or in transportation, GOD is your employer.  

Joshua 24:15  "choose this day whom you will serve; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment